Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

Last Day... Becoming Last Night

It's 5.30 pm, supposedly my last day at Mobius, and I'm STILL HERE. Why would that be, I hear you ask? Turns out my darling wife, who was on assignment at a new facility in north Jersey today, is lost. Very lost. She keeps calling me from her cell phone seeking directions. She's worked her way as far north as Rockland County, and is now bearing south on the Garden State towards Atlantic City.

Now, when it comes to losing my way behing the wheel of an automobile, I'm not one to talk. I've been known to head out for a carton of milk and wind up in Pennsylvania. But that's largely because I'm male and thus intrinsically incapable of seeking navigational guidance. On the other hand, Sandra stops for directions every 3 miles, and still she flounders.

Given the choice, I'd rather be hopelessly lost and maintain my ego intact, thank you very much.

-LSD

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?