Monday, October 10, 2005

 

The Time of Our Rejoicing (alt: Defrosting)

Well done the Chicago White Sox - my parents and the lavatory-using public at 245 Carlton Terrace salute you!

Goldberger Senior and I began the arduous task of constructing our tabernacle for the Feast of Booths yesterday. While I was making my construction debut, Dad is a sukkah-building veteran. A gentleman always, his scorn for my feeble knot-tying abilities was largely unspoken. Still, the structure is still standing after a night of howling wind, a fact from which I take no small measure of pride.

Predictably, a quick check of the forecast confirms classic Succot weather on tap for next week - rain, wind, cold, with a touch of frost. In a word, BloodyAwful. Just confirms my theory that, every now and then, G-d likes to have His fun with us Diaspora Jews.

-LSD

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?