Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

From Cardozo to Hogwarts

From Law School Dad, I'm gradually adjusting to being just plain old Dad again for the time being. I'm still avoiding all those household repairs I didn't have time for during term, though now there's some guilt thrown in. My wife is happy I'm watching the kids so they don't have to go to daycare. I'm not sure she'd be so sanguine if she realized how much confectionery and TV they're consuming on my watch, but frankly, it's a daily war of attrition in which I wield whatever weapons I have at my disposal to keep the offspring distracted while I tend to my critical objectives of finishing the latest Harry Potter and the last seven New York Times magazines before next semester kicks off. It's going to be close. -LSD

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?